the purpose of this blog
The goals of the weblog element of this research project are fivefold:
- to provide a forum for speculation and interpretation – engaging and contributing to the many complex dimensions of this genre;
- to network and provide a means for individuals who have an interest in the subject to find and engage with each other and contribute to a growing discussion;
- to identify and contribute to the sources of information and opinion contained in the archive represented by private and public collections;
- to create a database of images and commentary on an open access model – which is linked to precedents and relevant publications in other media, and most importantly…
- to acknowledge and venerate the many anonymous artists and designers who have created these extraordinary works – which by our continuing interest may in some measure validate their extraordinary creative labour – and which may bridge cultural divides in an open, speculative and politically neutral manner.